Erin Yun grew up in Frisco, Texas. She received her BA in English from New York University and is currently pursuing her Masters in Creative Writing at Cambridge. Erin is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She developed the Pippa Park Author Program, an interactive writing workshop, which she has conducted in person and virtually at schools, libraries, and bookstores. Yes, she used to play basketball as a middle grader!
- She’s obsessed with personality quizzes and takes them for her characters.
- She is half Korean, and half Polish/Germanic.
- Her favorite foods include: kimchi-jjigae, cherry ice cream, and walnut cakes filled with red bean.
- She ran a bubblegum-selling business in middle school until it was shut down.
- Her family lore says that her grandfather lost part of his farm in a game of Go-Stop.
- She likes creating scavenger hunts in which participants dress like secret agents and follow clues.
- Her favorite places in the world include Seoul, London, and Tokyo.
- She was president of the New York University policy debate team.
- Her family dogs, Belle and Yoko, both bark incredibly loudly despite being foolishly tiny.
- She lives in New York City, but folks can tell she grew up in Texas by how often she says ya’ll.