Tween Book Club Activity KitGreat for Homeschooling and Virtual Library Programs!
The Tween Book Club Activity Kit has everything you need to entertain tweens right at home. Grab a copy of Pippa Park Raises Her Game and download companion enrichment activities in this ready-to-print kit! Includes: Book Club Questions, Word Games, and the Common Core Language Arts Guide.
- Host a Tween or Middle Grade Book Club in your home or virtually! Print the Book Club Questions and schedule a Zoom or Facetime to discuss the book together. These questions can also be found in the back of the book.
- Create a Book Playlist: If you need inspiration while writing, follow one of Erin Yun’s writing tips and create your own book-themed playlist to get inspired.
- Write Your Own Retelling: Drawing from her own experience writing Pippa Park Raises Her Game from Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, this worksheet walks you through the same steps she used so you can write your own retelling.
- Fill In The Story Game: Pippa Park and Buddy need help planning what to do on Saturday! Partner with a friend or family member and choose words for each part of speech. Then, fill in the story about the best Saturday ever!
- Word Search: Use your puzzle skills to find all 28 words, from a Korean food staple to vocabulary words found right in the book.
- The Pippa Park Raises Her Game Language Arts Guide contains lessons and activities that are aligned to the Common Core Standards.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request bookmarks, stickers, and mini basketballs for your Pippa Park Raises Her Game event. Available to US mailing addresses only.
Common Core Language Arts Guide
Click the image to download.
Fabled Films Press works with educators in their respective fields to develop their educational materials. The Pippa Park Raises Her Game Common Core Language Arts Guide was written by Pat Scales, a children’s literature specialist and retired school librarian. She taught Children’s Literature at Furman University for 27 years and has taught special courses at University of Texas, Louisiana State University, Drexel University, and University of South Carolina. She is a contributor to Book Links Magazine, has a bimonthly column in School Library Journal, and has authored a number of books including Teaching Banned Books: 32 Guides for Children and Teens.
Escape Pippa's Bedroom (Escape Room Activity)
The Escape Pippa’s Bedroom Kit includes everything you need to transform your space into an immersive escape room experience including a setup guide, the homework folder full of clues, locks, a UV flashlight, boxes, a mini Pippa Park basketball, and a prepaid postage label to return the physical materials to Fabled Films Press.
To request the physical materials, email email@example.com
The Escape Pippa’s Bedroom Activity is compatible with the Breakout Edu Kit.
Author Program Worksheet
Click the image to download.