Tween Book Club Activity KitGreat for Homeschooling and Virtual Library Programs!
The Tween Book Club Activity Kit has everything you need to entertain tweens right at home. Grab copies of Pippa Park Raises Her Game and Pippa Park Crush at First Sight and download companion enrichment activities in this ready-to-print kit! Includes: Book Club Questions, Word Games, Crafts, and the Common Core Language Arts Guide.
Book Club Questions
- Host a Tween or Middle Grade Book Club in your home or virtually! Print the Book Club Questions and schedule a Zoom or Facetime to discuss the book together. These questions can also be found in the back of the book.
- Create a Book Playlist: If you need inspiration while writing, follow one of Erin Yun’s writing tips and create your own book-themed playlist to get inspired.
- Write Your Own Retelling: Drawing from her own experience writing Pippa Park Raises Her Game from Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, this worksheet walks you through the same steps she used so you can write your own retelling.
Word Games & Crafts
- Fill In The Story Game: Pippa Park and Buddy need help planning what to do on Saturday! Partner with a friend or family member and choose words for each part of speech. Then, fill in the story about the best Saturday ever!
- Word Search: Use your puzzle skills to find all 28 words from a Korean food staple to vocabulary words found right in the book.
- Paper Fortune Teller: If you’re like Pippa Park, you have so many questions! Make this paper fortune teller to help guide you along the way.
Common Core Language Arts Guide
- The Pippa Park Raises Her Game Language Arts Guide contains lessons and activities that are aligned to the Common Core Standards.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request bookmarks and stickers for your Pippa Park Raises Her Game event. Available to US mailing addresses only.
Pippa Park AAPI Guide by Erin Siu
The Pippa Park AAPI Guide was developed by Erin Siu, a children’s literature specialist, mentor for The People of Color in Publishing Mentorship Program and an original grant recipient of We Need Diverse Books.
Common Core Language Arts Guides by Pat Scales
Click the image to download.
Fabled Films Press works with educators in their respective fields to develop their educational materials. The Pippa Park Common Core Language Arts Guide is written by Pat Scales, a children’s literature specialist and retired school librarian. She is a contributor to Book Links Magazine, has a bimonthly column in School Library Journal, and has authored a number of books including Teaching Banned Books: 32 Guides for Children and Teens.
Escape Pippa's Bedroom (Escape Room Activity)
The Escape Pippa’s Bedroom Kit includes everything you need to transform your space into an immersive escape room experience including a setup guide, the homework folder full of clues, locks, a UV flashlight, boxes, a mini Pippa Park basketball, and a prepaid postage label to return the physical materials to Fabled Films Press.
To request the physical materials (available to US addresses only), email email@example.com.
The Escape Pippa’s Bedroom Activity is compatible with the Breakout Edu Kit.
Author Program Worksheet
Click the image to download.